Friday, April 07, 2006

Day 7

Since my wife is a teacher, and this is the Friday before Spring Break she was able to get out of work around noon and really help me out. While I was busting it for the "Man", she came home and removed all of the water from the moat. A dirty job but something she took care of.

I am not mechanically inclined. So I pretty much study things to overkill before I start. I have been planning the project for over a year and asked Tai about sprinkler info a year ago. Finally got around to it and YEEHAW. Not nearly as hard as I mentally made it out to be. Was actually kinda fun.

Here is what we did today...When I say we, my wife came out and helped me fill the trenches back in and replace the grass. She was a real big help. Thanks sweetie!

















HEre is the pipe that I cut down and capped off. Don't need a sprinkler here, but we did a few feet further down...






























Then I added a "T" joint and about 7 feet of line. And a new sprikler head...


















Notice the strategic use of a water bottle...





























And last but not least.... the "yard" part of the yard almost looks back to normal.




I am going to hammer in the stakes tomorrow and depending on how things go I may be removing some dirt. Gotta fish though and there is hockey so you never know...
Tick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home